Hi, I am a PhD candidate at TU Delft. I was born in China, and completed my bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Information Engineering at BUPT in Beijing. After university, I moved to Europe, obtained my master’s degree in Aerospace Science and Technology from UPC, and worked in Spain and France before started the PhD. Some of my passions are science, data, and open source movement.
- Air traffic management
- Aircraft performance modeling
- Data science in aviation
- Trajectory optimization and prediction
- Aircraft surveillance technologies (Mode-S, ADS-B, EHS)
- 2015 - Present: Ph.D., Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. PhD title: Open aircraft performance modeling. (Promoter: prof.dr.ir. J.M. Hoekstra).
- 2007 - 2010: M.Sc. of Aerospace Science and Technology, Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona.
- 2003 - 2007: B.Sc. of Electronic and Information Technology, Beijing University of Post and Telecommunication, Beijing, China.
- 2015 - Present: Doctoral Researcher, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 2012 - 2015: Academic Program Coordinator, International Space University, Strasbourg, France
- 2011 - 2012: Aerospace Researcher, ASCAMM Technology Centre, Barcelona, Spain
- 2007 - 2011: Aerospace Engineer & IT Manager, Barcelona Aerospace Technology Centre, Spain
Awards and scholarships
- 2017: Best paper award
- 2012: SGAC young leadership awards
- 2009: International Space University scholarship
© Copyright 2019 Junzi Sun